Who we are
As the category captain within embedded finance Vopy enables companies to offer their consumers added value with financial services as part of their offer, as well creating a future of financial inclusion where un-banked become banked.
Vopy offers a full suit of cloud-based solutions, enabling businesses to increase customer loyalty and revenue as a result. By offering solutions for embedded finance, Vopy is also driving financial inclusion giving everyone with a phone access to financial services.
We are changing the banking industry with embedded finance and are looking for more experts to join the journey. You don’t want to miss this opportunity!
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for Head of Legal - an absolute key role in taking Vopy to the next level e.g. handle legal matters for multiple jurisdictions relating to various legal matters, including consumers, partners and authorities.
This role is ideal to for an experienced Lawyer from the banking and/or financial services markets, with an understanding of FCA regulations and an interest and/or experience of working in the embedded finance /FinTech/payments market.
What you will do for us
Be an extraordinary problem solver
Your main task is to be a great problem solver and drive legal innovation forward!
You will be expected to merge stakeholders’ expectations and legal requirements into a simple and innovative product, process or contract.
Have a multi-jurisdictional mindset
Teamwork and a multi-jurisdictional mindset will be part of your daily routine.
- Running the legal part of exciting product development projects
- Advise on M&A, privacy or regulatory requirements within payments and consumer credit law
- Support in developing new products and partnerships
- Advise on corporate legal requirements in general as well as review and draft commercial contracts.
As Vopy is a growing company your responsibilities may change over time.
We need someone who
- Has previous professional experience as a lawyer, preferably from a well renowned law firm, the financial sector, telecom or the IT industry
- Shares a solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn rather than focus on a specific area of law
- Enjoys a fast-paced international working environment and has a proven ability to solve problems
- Has excellent people skills and a true star when it comes to stakeholder management
- Has the capability of prioritising conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Is fluently in verbal and written English
You are also someone who
- Is ambitious and goal-oriented, who likes to go above and beyond
- Dare to challenge (status quo) by using innovative solutions to create change
- Enjoys being of great importance, taking Vopy to the next level
- Has a strong business understanding
- Like to have fun at work
What you will get
- A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company just before IPO
- To build and develop a function in close cooperation with your colleges, Head of Compliance, CFO, CTO and Product owners
- To be part of a new international business that changes the bank industry
- To develop your professional and manager skills
- Compensation: We offer competitive salaries and employment terms.
- Flexibility & work-life balance: Trust-based culture: we found a good balance between office and remote work.
- Health: Employees receives a yearly allowance of 5000 SEK to spend
- Pension: We provide a pension plan to our employees.
- Superb office location at the very heart of Stockholm
Our Workplace & Culture
We are an ambitious, experienced and driven team that values creativity, productivity and a good sense of humor. Working at Vopy is dynamic and the learning is constant.
We work both remotely and from our office in the heart of Stockholm and some of our team members work internationally - many of whom have never met face to face! We are true embodiment of an international company that learned how to collaborate in a post pandemic world.
Again - do you want to create the future of financial services with us?
Send in your application and you are one step closer to join a fast-growing, fun and successful FinTech company - Vopy!
Vopy provide equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity and we strive to have an inclusive value-driven culture. All applications will receive consideration for employment.